Thursday 12 January 2012

Pirate Treasure Chest Birthday Cake

Yarrr, this be a VERY last minute cake this one! Lucas' mum had been let down by someone who was supposed to be making this birthday cake, and she called me to see what I could do 2 days before the party. As soon as I had finalised the order with her, I put the oven on and got baking! 


Lucas was having a pirate themed birthday party, and needed a piratey cake to go with it. We decided on a treasure chest with edible gems spilling out of it. Inside the cake was a delicious chocolate cake and the cake was iced in fondant, sat on a board covered in fondant and dessicated coconut "sand". The message was hand painted onto a piece of fondant which I coloured to look old and a bit like a scrap of treasure map. 


I hope Lucas had a brilliant birthday and party. Shiver me timbers! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment